How to format my pen drive or memory card?
Sometimes we need to format our pen drive or memory card. But it is not formatted. Today I will share with you, how to format my pen drive or memory card.
1) By using the command prompt :
It is the most effective way to format pen drive or memory card. Just follow the steps below-
• From the Start menu, go to Run, type “cmd” and hit enter.
• The window which appears, enter “Format K:”. While working as a USB disk drive K
• Press Enter .
• A window appears which prompt “Y / N” . Type “Y” and hit enter. Now format the pen drive or memory card normally.
2) NTFS format :
Generally Pen drive / memory card is formatted as Fat 32. But, in case of any problem, it may be formatter as NTFS.
Go to My Computer >right click on pen drive or memory card > Properties> Hardware and then select the pen drive. Then Properties> Policies > Optimize for performance > OK
3) Using Windows Disk Management or DOS format :
From The Start, click Control Panel, double click to Administrative Tools. Then double click on the Computer Management. Now click on Disk Management from the left side .To the right side memory card or pen drive list will be shown with all drives. From pen drive / memory card by the right mouse button.
4) Byusing software :
If you do not have any way to format the USB disk , you can format it by using the “HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool” software. This software is very easy to use. Download Now
Tags: How to format my pen drive or memory card?